A roof on a home or office is one of those things that you can take for granted, until weather, neglect or general tear and wear can disrupt it and cause damage that is costly and dangerous to the home.
Keep on top of your roof to avoid any damage to your home. It is one of the things that should be checked when buying a new property and insured.
If a roof is not in good condition, then you might have to deal with higher heating and cooling bills, mold, leaks and even have problems with resale.
If you can try and patch or renovate what damage you can, rather than replacing the whole roof which is costly and expensive.
What are the signs of roof damage
Signs that show your roof just needs renovation/patching type of work might be:
* Moss or mold build up where a small part of the roof is rotting.
* Missing, broken or loose tiles.
* Visible hole with light shining through in the attic.
* Damaged edges and ridges which can let water in.
* Minor moss and algae growth.
* An obvious and visible small area of damage in a contained part of the roof.
* Rotting underlay- Underlay and tiles keep water out, if there is a tear in the underlay then you might be able to patch it.
Signs that show your roof will need a whole replacement might be:
* Damaged roof structure.
* Leaks where it is so bad the weather elements such as rain completely leak through.
* Sagging roof. If your roof is not aligned, then it could cave in.
* Debris in gutters- Sand like granules protect your tiles so it could be a sign that they are deteriorating fast and taken as a warning sign.
* Discolouration of the whole roof as this could be internal rotting.
Although expensive to have a whole roof repaired, it might work out cheaper in the long run if there are many of these problems at bay.
Did you know that a roof only has a certain lifespan from about 20-50 years? So, at some point the roof will be more susceptible to storms, gales and leaks anyway. If you pick high quality roofing materials, then they will last for years to come.
There are many different tiles for roofs which can be confusing. Make sure you know what type of tiles are on your home or office so that if an any need replacing it is easy to do.
The most common choices are concrete/cement tiles, metal tiles, slate tiles, felt shingles, cedar shingles and fibreglass.
To check this out, at first you would need a roof inspection so the restoration company can check out measurements, how severe the project is and then quote you.
A new roof replacement can take anything from 3-5 days depending on the complexity of the problem or just 1 day for minor work.
Here at ZGreen Restoration we work on a wide range of maintenance and many other services you need to make your life comfortable and happy. Our highly skilled experts can fix any malfunction and install any equipment in your house.
We specialise in water damage, fire and smoke damage, mold removal, sewage clean up, gutter cleaning and general restoration, so if you think you might have a minor problem with your roof, as we cover restoration, we would be happy to come and have a look for you and see if we can help you.
If you have any area in your home or office that has any restoration problems, no matter how big or small, and you need a professional eye and machinery, then call us at ZGreen Restoration for help or checks on your home. We are open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day and offer a FREE, no obligation quote.
ZGreen Restoration is a certified restoration business. It is an IICRC-certified firm, which means we adhere to a higher standard than other companies. Trust in our fire restoration experts to get your house back in order. We are happy to discuss any of the points raised in this blog or how to restore your home after a natural disaster.
Call us for a free quote 24/7 on 408-212-6034